If you are approved to create a Buster account, you may log in to onboard additional datasources, manage account settings, and create additional projects.
⚠️ All projects must be tied to a “datasource”. If you have not set up any datasources, please refer to our documentation on onboarding a datasource
Create a new project
All of your project can be found at app.buster.so/projects. In order to create a new project do the following:
- Click “New Project” from the projects page
- Enter a project name
- Select the data source you want to use (this cannot be changed once a project is created)
Dashboard Builder Overview
📊 The dashboard builder is the primary way to embed Buster into your website. The builder is used to style and create metrics, publish versions of your projects, and edit project settings.
Create your first metric
- Click on “Add chart”
- In the search box, type in your question or click on one of the suggested questions below
- Note: The suggested question that appear below search bar are questions that were previously “approved” as apart of the data source onboarding fine tuning step. These questions are selected randomly.
- As a user is typing, suggested questions drop down below the input. These questions are also selected from the “approved” questions from the data source onboarding fine tuning step.
- Depending on the complexity of the question, data should be returned between 5 - 15 seconds.
Changing chart details
The following details can be changed about your metric
|How to change
|Click on the title, enter the new text in the input box, and click enter to save.
|Click on the sub-title, enter the new text in the input box, and click enter to save.
|There is a toggle button to the right of the chart title, click the table view or chart view to change your desired visualization.
|Buster currently supports over 15 chart types. A recommended chart type is automatically select when you chat with Buster. However, you can change the chart type by click the drop down above the visualization. Depending on the chart type, you can change the X, Y, and Category axis.
You can continue chatting using the input at the bottom left to continue refining your data
Saving a metric
A metric can be saved by clicking the “Save” button in the top right hand corner of the chat. New metrics are automatically saved to the top left corner of your dashboard.
📊 Metric added to your dashboard as well as metric in your “search history” can be edited.
Editing existing metrics
To edit an existing metric:
- Click on the metric’s title on the dashboard to open that metric’s chat history
- Once the metric is open you can continue chatting with it, editing it’s title, or visualization. Nothing will be changed on your dashboard until you click “Save”.
- Save is disabled until changes are made to the chart or chat.
To see your previous chats, you can click the “Search history” icon from the dashboard’s main page or by click “Search history” from an existing chat.
Stylize your application
🧑🎨 Buster has been designed to match your companies brand.
Themes and sizing
Buster allows you change many visual attributes of your application. These changes happen from the “Styling tab”. All changes are saved automatically but will not be reflected in your embedded application until you click “publish”.
The “beaker” icon in the top left of the page can be clicked to enable “test data”. Test data is a great way to visualize how different themes will look in your application.
Edit project settings
Currently you can use the project settings to edit the following details:
- Company name
- Company Logo
😊 The preview mode is used to see how your application will appear as is it embedded on your website.
To open the preview mode:
- Click the “Preview” button at the top of the builder page.
- To exit the preview experience click “Edit dashboard”.
NOTE: A new “preview user” is created every time you open the preview mode. What this means in practice is that every time you enter preview mode the application will wiped clean and defaulted to it’s original original state.
Publish and Embed
To put buster into your company’s website you will need to do the following steps:
- Publish the application.
By click publish in the top right of right, you are saving all the application’s styles, metrics, and meta data.
- Embed the application Additional info on embedding the application can be found on _____. Your application will always pull the most recent published version’s style, metric, ect.
Was this page helpful?